Police State got you down? Does the thought of Martial Law keep you up at night? Well, it should! We live in a world where we are being constantly watched and monitored. Ever wondered what would it take to wipe the slate clean and live a life free of big brother? Security expert Aton Edwards answered just that as he goes on an amazing journey off the grid and under the radar in his show ”Track Me If You Can’. The show focused on ways to avoid being tracked by “big brother” or anyone else who may be looking for you.
Please Note: The video below goes down often. If it’s not working CLICK HERE to automatically search for it on YouTube (opens new window).
Track Me If You Can
- There are 30 million plus surveillance cameras on the US, one camera for every ten americans.
- The average American is in 200 databases.
- Putting a plan in motion to keep you from being tracked is a good idea if you want to devise a new life for yourself
- Plan 3 months ahead of time
- Right before you leave, change your appearance significantly (if you have hair, shave your head, if you have blond hair, change it to black, get glasses, etc.).
- Before you leave, terminate all of your accounts (email, bank accounts, credit cards, etc).
- Don’t terminate your social network sites as you can use these sites to provide disinformation.
- Before you leave, delete all of your computer files and get rid of your computer’s hard drive (first boil the hard drive then smash it with a hammer and finally run a Degausser/electromagnetic wand over the drive to obliterate all information it may contain).
- Get rid of all of your personal items like photos, trophies, mementos, etc. that could tie you to your old life.
- Shred all of your personal info and credit cards/bank statements/etc., next take the shredded material and spread it around in a bunch of trash bags and leave the bags at various dumpsters around the city, or burn it.
- Get rid of your cell phone as these can be easily used to track your location either through a computer software program or through triangulation.
- Wipe all of your info from your cell phone then leave it at a train or bus station so that someone else will pick it up and start using it, thus providing a source of disinformation for those searching for you.
- Break your normal patterns (what you eat, where you frequent, how you shop, the kind of work you do, etc).
- Ditch your car and find a substitute that is not your personality.
- Completely change your lifestyle (ie: if you are currently a corporate lawyer, become a night janitor then dress and behave appropriately).
- If you do take your car get rid of the toll pass which can track your movements through the RFID chip in the pass.
- Stay away from interstate highways.
- Get rid of the GPS device which came with your car. Ditto for the OnStar system which can be activated remotely and allow others to listen in on your conversations.
- Make sure your tires don’t have RFID chips in them. Some tires have these chips and they can link to your VIN number and the purchase location of the tires.
- Go to non-chain restaurants.
- Pay for everything with cash.
- When you are out in public disguise yourself (at least wear a hat and sunglasses).
- Avoid frequenting your usual places (for example, if you are a vegetarian your meal preference can be found through your prior airline meal request and then you may be easier to locate if you frequent vegetarian restaurants).
- Get your food to go from restaurants so you don’t leave DNA on the plates/utensils/glasses which can be read with an easily purchased BPac machine which analyzes your biometrics.
- Stay in small motels and pay with cash.
- Use alcohol wipes to remove fingerprints.
- Use a Multi Sweep Hidden Camera & Bug Detector to check for hidden bugs/cameras/etc.
- Cover the peephole so people can’t see into your room.
- Sleep in your sleeping bag so you won’t leave DNA behind on the hotel bedding.
- Buy a pre-paid cell phone which you only use for outgoing calls (be sure to turn off the caller ID). Replace the pre-paid phone frequently, about every 2 weeks.
- When you are not using the cell phone, remove the battery so it can’t be turned on remotely or used to track you.
- Be careful when speaking in cars or near windows. The NSA has a bounce laser monitoring system which can pick up sound waves on glass and record what you are saying.
- At night you can avoid being seen on cameras that use infrared light by fashioning a cap with LED lights on the front of it which makes a “halo” and shields your face from the cameras.
- To determine the best place to resettle, choose a mid-sized city in a not overly cold place. Big cities and small towns are not good places for anonymity.
- To change your identity don’t just assume the identity of someone else (this is way more difficult–and illegal–than it used to be), instead petition the court to change your name legally to a new–and common–name.
- Apply for a driver’s license under your new name.
- Most driver’s licenses and passports have RFID chips in them. Block people from reading these RFID chips by carrying them in a wallet lined with aluminum foil.
- To get back online, use a new laptop.
- Always use a hard wire to your laptop and turn off the wi-fi which is easily hacked.
- Put a cover over your web cam such as a band-aid or electrical tape as these can be turned on remotely like your cell phone.
- Install anti-key logger software on your computer.
- Also, install software that will reroute your ip address so your location can’t be determined via your computer.
- Be aware of the ECHELON program in the US which monitors phone and computer transmissions for keywords and messages.
- At the grocery store, change your shopping habits and never use store club cards.
- Be aware that nearly all food packaging now contain RFID tags. To be sure these aren’t used for tracking (unlikely now but possibly more likely in the future) repackage food once you purchase it and get rid of the store packaging.
- To find work, get a night job that is different that your previous job, such as a janitor. This will limit your contact with people.
- Change jobs often.
- Create a “back story” for your new identity and practice it. If you base your lies on the truth but change the details a bit, your story will be easier to remember and more believable.
- Open a bank account, preferably at a small, local bank.
- Be aware of video surveillance cameras which are everywhere.
- Never contact people from your past.
- The narrator noted that every year, changing your identity gets harder.
- The police now consider common activities suspicious such as bird watching, sketching or painting, or taking photographs in public.
- There are 70 FUSION centers in the US which coordinate surveillance and other information.
- Airlines sometimes use locator chips on your bags so be aware of this. You can also use these tagged bags for disinformation purposes (ie: leaving them in places to throw people off your trail).
- Technology is now available to identify you by the way you walk (change the way you walk), your facial measurements and biometrics (use a disguise, and especially sunglasses), and even your response to images.
- It will be 7 to 10 years before your old identity drops off of old databases.
- Guard against complacency.
- The less you interface with technology, the better off you will be.
Nasa is warning that the world could face massive widespread blackouts, travel problems and damage to our power grids beginning in 2012-2013. Coming solar storms could cause a devastating blow to our power grid, causing trillions of dollars in damage that could take up to a decade to repair.
Three years ago The National Academy of Sciences warned that a powerful solar storm could cause “twenty times more economic damage than Hurricane Katrina”. They went on to say that the solar activity could completely knock out power grids, GPS navigation, banking and financial systems, air travel, & radio communications. Everyday items such as cell phones, computers and other personal electronic devices will also be damaged.
How can you prepare for such a worldwide catastrophy? There’s not much you can do about the electrical companies power grid (although they are preparing the best they can), but you can prepare your home and family for a super solar storm.
Right now, think of everything in your home that requires electricity. Like our use of water (your well pump, or if you are on city water your water company uses electricty to run their pumps and operate their valves), our dependency upon electricity is staggering. If possible every home emergency plan should include a properly protected solar power system. Even then as a backup (or as a second option) consider stockpiling propane to heat, cook, and cool with. Propane will be the new electricity after a solar storm, but without the infrastructer to keep it flowing your supplies will be limited to what you can store. Having sustainable hardwoods on your property is the only guaranteed source of power you can depend on long term.
Water is an extremely important commodity, as you use it every day for everything from cooking, drinking, bathing and sanitation. You may be surprised by the amount of water required to perform everyday tasks. Take a look at the average daily water usage for some common activities:
- Brushing teeth = 1 gallon
- Washing hands = 1 quart
- Taking a bath = 35-40 gallons
- Taking a shower = 5 gallons per minute
- Laundry = 19-45 gallons
- Washing dishes = 10-15 gallons
Amazing, isn’t it? Post-electricity such wasteful use of water can not exist unless you have an endless supply (lake, river, etc) on hand. If you have no sustainable source of water avaliable, do you have enough clean water stored for your entire family? I recommend you invest in a heavy-duty water barrel made of polyethylene. You can purchase barrels that store 15-55 gallons of water. Store these containers in a dark and cool area, add some bleach (1 teaspoon per 5 gallons), and rotate your water storage every few months for freshness.
Food equals life so it makes sense to store food. Every family has different nutrition and dietary needs, so you may be struggling with finding the right food for your family. Only you know what your family needs, and you are responsible for meeting those needs, especially when a disaster, financial crisis or family emergency occurs. Collect items for your food storage supply now! You could purchase an entire year supply at once, or you could begin gradually to build your emergency preparedness supply by purchasing a few number 10 cans of freeze-dried or dehydrated food a week or month and picking up a few extra cans of food each time you visit the grocery store. I prefer the later option. You can buy an entire years worth of food for $5/week over 52 weeks for one person.
Choose foods your family will eat, and prepare meals from that food storage. Not only will you know what items to buy more of, you will also know how to cook with freeze-dried foods and dehydrated foods.
Communication is crucial during a time of disaster, but since phones and radios primarily rely on electricity, this first link to help and information is often unavailable. In your emergency preparedness supply, you should have a Crank Or Solar Powered Radio/Flashlight on hand, or extra batteries for the one you currently have. You may even consider purchasing several Quality, Long-Range Walkie-Talkies and giving one to each family member. An off grid CB Radio Base Station is also a great way to communicate to others.
Taking survival and emergency preparedness classes is also an excellent idea, and it would be a great family activity. We recommend you and your family participate in a ham radio certification course. Ham radio, or amateur radio, may take a while to learn how to operate, and you must have a license, but during an emergency, this can be one of the only ways to get help.
Build a Faraday Cage
All these neat gadgets won’t do you any good if they get fried too. A Faraday cage is an enclosure of conducting material that blocks out external static electric fields. If the conductor is thick enough, and the holes are smaller than the incoming electromagnetic radiation’s wavelength, then that radiation won’t be able to pass through. This is the reason why phones don’t work in some buildings and lifts, why microwaves don’t cook you when you stand in front of them.
You can make yourself a Faraday cage fairly easy. I’ve included a video below that explains the process. Make sure you ground it properly and store all your precious electronic equipment inside it.
Money And Currency
Almost all modern banking is conducted electronically. While banks have vaults full of ingots and other valuables, your cash actually exists in a database, albeit one that’s backed up in multiple locations across the world, so that a disaster that’s confined to a local area can’t cause too many problems that won’t be resolved by a swift restoration of a backup.
However, that policy doesn’t work for global events. If that database, along with all its backups, gets wiped by a particularly nasty solar flare, then so does your money. Get it out of the bank, and in a safer, more physical place instead. Bury it in the garden, hide it in your roof, or stuff it under the mattress. Just get it out of the electronic database and into cold hard cash.
This is a double edged sword. Have a running vehicle can be a real blessing in a major SHTF situation, however having the ONLY running vehicle in town is like pointing a big red target on your back. If you do choose to keep a vehicle running (a great idea to at least have) then you will need an older vehicle, preferably a diesel. Look for a vehicle before electronic ignitions with a point system. Keep a backup starter, alternator, and solenoid in your Faraday cage and know how to put them on.
This is the trailer for the Art Of The Tactical Carbine vol I DVD by Magpul Dynamics. It’s a really great DVD and is the fastest way I know of to become familiar with the tactical AR-15 and I highly recommend this video to anyone thinking of purchasing an AR-15 rifle.
What would you do if you had no house payment and no monthly utility bills? Well this guy is living the dream. Here’s a short introduction to simple solar homesteading that provides information on how to find cheap land, build an inexpensive home, and use solar power to eliminate monthly utility bills.
While he doesn’t get into the actual homesteading side much he does lay out a clear and easy plan to buil your own off grid cabin for less than $2,000. Watch these series of videos and he will show you how it is done easily and with very little money.
How to have a home with no house payments and no utility bills!
How to build a 14×14 solar cabin
Preparedness is not just about stocking the pantry or the ammo can, it is also about mentally preparing your loved ones. Explaining survival preparedness to children can be difficult, but far from impossible. Most think they will simply scare their children but the truth is every kid will handle it differently. You know your child and only you can decide how to tell them, if at all. To better prepare your children for future economic challenges, power outages, natural disasters, or other SHTF situations, watch this video. Learn how to communicate what is on the horizon so they know what to expect.
Learn how to start a simple solar homestead in this great video. From how to find cheap land, building a cheap home, and using solar power to cutting your monthly utility bills. This place can also be a great BOL!!!!
I’ve had the opportunity to taste some of the Thrive food products including their sour cream powder, black beans, and the shredded cheddar cheese. I must say I was very impressed with the taste. Check out this video by Shelf Reliance, watch and learn as she demonstrates how to make a tasty black bean & rice salad using beans, rice, and a few other things.
Rich Dad, Poor Dad” author Robert Kyosaki is not convinced that the worst days of the recession are behind us. “There are two possible extremes, or financial concerns. We can either go into a depression, or we can go to hyperinflation,” says Mr. Kyosaki in a recent web video. “Or we could also go to war which is one way people think we could solve the problem:”
Mr. Kyosaki suggests investing in precious metals, buying a gun and storing food, in a cautious “rather be safe than sorry” mindset. He also suggests investing wisely and organizing your fiscal house. For example, he cautions that if the credit card systems shut down, the world shuts down. “If I’m preparing for the worst, there is a good chance it won’t happen.”
“Remember this, the police cannot prevent a crime, only you can do that,” he adds. “They can only investigate it after you’re dead.”
Mr. Kyosaki is best known for authoring the “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” series and has sold over 26 million books. He has previously spoken in regards to what he calls “the conspiracy of the rich,” and the “new rules of money”.
Watch the video of his interview below.
Here’s a video by ThePatriotNurse discussing five useful antibiotics for humans in a post-societal collapse scenario. This is a very informative video with some serious must-know information including how to buy and store antibiotics. Don’t miss this one!