I have seen a ton of different survival kits on the market, and most of them are total crap. Just a few china-made items threw together in a container with the word “survival” slapped on it for marketing. Anyone who has ever bought a pre-made kit online knows what I am talking about. How many times have you bought a cool looking kit, only to find out that what you bought was completely worthless in any real survival situation. Well that’s not the case with the Ultimate Survival Deluxe Survival Kit.
Recently, I started carrying the Ultimate Survival Deluxe Survival Kit by Ultimate Survival Technologies in my EDC (every day carry). While I haven’t threw my homemade kit out the door yet, this deluxe survival kit is definitely a great addition to anyones gear and is well worth the money. It’s major selling point for me was the ability to get a fire going in just about any conditions you can imagine.
- Blast Match Fire Starter: The blast match is amazing. The sparks it makes are 3 times hotter that a regular match. It can also be used with just one hand and is a lot easier to use than a standard magnesium fire tool.
- Wet Fire Tinder: This stuff can be used to start a fire even in the rain. It even burns while floating in water!
- Star Flash Signal Mirror: The mirror that comes with the kit is great. It’s extremely durable and can be used to signal from distances. The Star Flash signal mirror is even used by the U.S. Air Force.
- Jet Scream Whistle: One word: LOUD!! This whistle is extremely loud and is great for signaling.
- Saber Cut Saw: A really cool addition to any survival kit is this flexible hand chain saw. This is one of the better “rope saws” out there and I highly recommend it.
But don’t take my word for it, watch this video and decide if the Ultimate Survival Deluxe Survival Kit is right for you.