Survival antibiotics are often overlooked by preppers. One reason is because preppers don’t know which ones to buy or even where to get them. If any of you have purchased antibiotics for your long-term medical supplies, you know that these are considered prepper gold.
Having this medicine on hand in extended emergencies can help prevent infections or even save a life. Some of the most popular are:
- Zithromax – UTIs, URIs, Sepsis (used in an IV), STDs, and ear infections.
- Ampicillan – This a more broad spectrum antibiotic that treats skin infections, STDs, Sepsis and ear infections.
- Cipro – This antibiotic has a lot of toxicity issues and should be taken sparingly. Can be used for UTIs, infectious diarrhea, bone and joint infections.
- Amoxicillan – This is a very popular antibiotic used in upper respiratory, ear, nose and throat infections, and teeth abscesses.
- Doxycycline – An effective antibiotic used for malaria, and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.
There are so many other ways to get your hands on some of these antibiotics without having to even see a doctor. Many preppers have hundreds of antibiotics in Mylar bags that are stored away for when SHTF. If not for medicinal purposes then trading.
It should be emphasized that antibiotics should only be used as a last resort. Give your body a chance to fight the infection. If the infection continues, consider using a course of antibiotics.
And don’t forget that some people are allergic. You should seek serious medical assistance before self medicating yourself.
Here’s a video by ThePatriotNurse discussing five useful antibiotics for humans in a post-societal collapse scenario. This is a very informative video with some serious must-know information including how to buy and store antibiotics. Don’t miss this one!